Language(s) Spoken : English Other Spanish
Part Time / Full Time : Part Time
West Chester Playschool Inc. is a non-profit preschool operated and administered by parents. Families combine their talents along with certified teachers and work together to create a better school environment for their children. Parents assist in the classroom as well as in the development of the Playschool’s programs and policies.
- Child Ages:
- 2 years - 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- This provider accepts vouchers
- Special Needs:
- Administer Medication Administer Nebulizer Treatment (Asthma) Asthma Visual Impairment
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
- Every individual is unique.
- Growth takes place in orderly sequences in each individual.
- The physical cognitive and socio-emotional aspects of development are interrelated.
- The child’s thought and language is quantitatively different from the adult’s.
- Children should be actively involved in their own learning process. It is through direct exploration and manipulation that children construct knowledge of the world.
- Play is a learning medium. It contributes to all types of learning (social cognitive physical and emotional).
- Interest and learning are facililitated in the experience presented to the child bears some relevance to what he/she already knows but at the same time is sufficiently novel to present incongruities and conflicts.
- Social interaction particularly when it is centered around relevant physical experience promotes intellectual and social growth.
- Personality development (the affective-social areas) depends on the presence of adequate and sustaining personal relationships opportunities for learning and for self-expression and guidance appropriate to each stage of a child’s growth.