Preschool in Stockbridge, GA 30281
810 Flat Rock Road
Stockbridge, GA 30281
View on Map »
Welcome to Barrington Academy – your premier provider of quality child care and development !!
At Barrington Academy, we love our students and are very focused on learning. All of our children experience a learning environment which engages them in exploration and play.
*Infants and toddlers begin learning phonics through the SOUNS program for early literacy, create art work and learn independence as well as practicing their fine and gross motor skills.
*The learning adventure continues in twos where numbers, colors, shapes and toileting independence are only a few of the things they share that they learn each day.
Three year-olds have the basics and begin to learn to read and develop higher number concepts along with science projects to learn more about their environment.
*By four years old, our early learners are more than prepared for your choice of the enriching Georgia Pre-K program or our kindergarten level private preschool.
*Spanish, Sign Language, Dance, and Martial Arts are but a few of the extra curricular activities that await children from three to twelve years old.
*After School children learn Spanish, get homework assistance, play fun and learning games with computers and have down time for physical activity and socialization after their school day.
At Barrington, we make it fun to learn as you can see…just come by for a tour today! We would love to meet you and have the opportunity to showcase the children’s artwork displays, our scrapbook, and our classrooms. We’ll see you soon!
Programs: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, GA Pre-K, Private Pre-K, Before and After School Care, School Vacation Camps, and Summer Camps
Want more information?
Barrington Academy is a leading early learning center which promotes exploration and encourages children’s natural curiosity to promote critical thinking and higher level learning through hands on experiences, professional staff interactions, community outreach, and parent involvement. Our school is a home away from home where children feel safe, loved, and free to explore, mimic, ask and seek answers to questions which teach them about themselves and our world.
Our Commitment to Quality Learning and Care:
1. Teachers and staff will develop warm positive relationships with children and their families to ensure success in every child’s education.
2. The educational environment will offer hands-on activities and a balance between child-choice learning and teacher-directed learning.
3. The educational environment will offer individual, small, and large group learning with lessons embracing multiple learning styles and intelligences.
4. Our teachers will deliver lessons with intentional teaching methods using all learning domains (Physical Motor, Social/Emotional, Approaches to Play & Learning, Language/Literacy, and Cognitive Development) and will assess children’s progress on a regular basis by collecting work samples and using observation based assessment tools.
5. Teachers and staff will be a positive model and guide for children to develop independence, positive self-confidence, resilience, and self-regulation.
6. Teach children to develop positive social-emotional interaction skills with their peers and adults, including honesty, respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy,
leadership and more.
7. Our learning program and environment will embrace diversity by building awareness and teaching children about cultures, special needs, acceptance, tolerance, and community.
The three year old teacher Ms. Marlene is a great teacher, but they need to work on their after care program needs more structure
I absolutely LOVE Barrington Academy. Would definitely recommend it to another parent.
My daughter, Madelyn, has spent most of her first year on Earth at Barrington Academy. The staff members that take care of her are absolutely awesome. Ms. Karon, Ms. Jayde, and Ms. Jill are all wonderful women who really care about the little ones they take care of each and every day. My daughter is reaching all of her developmental milestones on time, and she is learning so much at this school. The director and her administrative staff are great people that always greet you with a smile.
The school is great on working with payments, the teachers are AMAZING and the Mrs. Teresa and Mrs. Palm are great!
Very friendly staff and management has a great influence on how the business is run.
They love all the kids.
My son has attended this school for seven months now and really enjoys it. His teachers are nice and attentive and sometimes he doesn't want to go home. I think that's a good sign that he is in a good environment. Kat Nagar
At barrington Academy the kids love it there..Everyone is nice and polite.. its always clean.. my kids are in pre k and they learn all kind of stuff.. i never hear them say anything bad about it.. i have trust in them with my kid which it takes alot for me to trust someone with them... im very protective of my kids and i know they are well taken care of when they are there
My son is 4 years old and he is in Mrs. Wanda's class and he loves it. I was a little apprehensive about daycare because he has never been until now. This daycare is great the teachers and staff care about the kids and are very helpful to the parents
The teachers and staff are all very involved and dedicated to the kids' well being and education. I always feel safe leaving my child in their care!
The teachers are amazing!! All of them are so nice and helpful. The classrooms look awesome! Lots of things for the kids to do. It seems Barrington has a very hands on approach to learning and I absolutely love that. I would recommend Barringon to anyone who wants great people taking care of their child.
Barrington Academy is a GREAT Learning Center.. The Teachers and Staff are excellent and I'm SO impressed with the progress my 3yr old son Johnathan has made in such a short period of time, not to mention my 4yr old Gabriel who absolutely LOVE his teacher, but he's growing and learning at a rapid speed because of the Teacher's dedication to Education.. Dedicated Mom, Jacqueline Harris
The staff is very friendly and helpful. My son loves his teacher.