Preschool in Saint Paul, MN 55110
5065 Stewart Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55110
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
Our child care program is committed to multi-cultural education, serving children and children with special needs. This means we share a commitment to dignity of the individual, human rights, and encouraging the development of each child’s uniqueness. We provide a warm, nurturing positive environment, to encourage the “whole child’s” continued growth.
World Around Us seeks to provide a warm, responsive care. We promote a physically safe and emotionally secure setting where children can explore and experiment with a variety of materials and experiences, that promotes physical, emotional, intellectual, creative and social growth. We strive to recognize, appreciate and respect the uniqueness of each child. Our goal is to create a program that truly reflects the lives of our children, families, staff and community. The world at your child’s fingertips approach to parent -teacher tracking development; a partnership approach designed to create a shared point of view on the child’s development and goals for success in our world!
Creative Curriculum Network
World Around Us uses the creative curriculum as the guiding tool for learning at both of our buildings. The broad goals of this curriculum are to develop children physically, socially, emotionally, cognitively and linguistically. World Around Us teachers track each child’s development and create a portfolio. A portfolio includes parent-teacher Child Observation Records that map the child’s growth, and a journal to record experiences and insights from parents and teachers. World Around Us parents can receive information about development and activities at any time from their child’s teacher. We welcome any questions or comments regarding our curriculum and lesson plans.
1. To provide a nurturing, flexible and calm atmosphere where self-concept is enhanced.
2. To provide a safe and secure atmosphere where the foundation of respect for others and property is established.
3. To develop an active curiosity about the world in which each child lives, and encourage an enthusiasm for learning which stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
4. To develop growth through singing songs and fingerplays.
5. To promote emotional growth and learning to care for one another.
6. To promote social growth by building friendships and socialization skills.
7. To promote intellectual growth through enhanced curriculum, including music and computer time.
8. To promote physical/motor development through outdoor play and indoor gym activities.
9. To develop and recognize each child’s potential.
10. To be supportive of parents and families.
Want more information?
Click the button below and we will send an automated message to the provider to let them know that someone is interested & would like to see more information.Request Information