Language(s) Spoken : American Sign Language Cambodian Chinese – Cantonese Chinese – Mandarin English Hmong Khmer Korean Other Russian Spanish Vietnamese
Part Time / Full Time : Full Time Part Time
Westminster Child Development Center is an extension of the ministry of Westminster Presbyterian Church. The program reflects an environment based on the teachings of Christ through words actions and deeds. Each person within the program reflects and models the love of Christ. WCDC encourages spiritual development through the reading of Bible stories singing songs and prayers. All the traditional Christian holidays are recognized and celebrated throughout the year.
- Child Ages:
- 2 months - 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare
- This provider accepts vouchers
- Special Needs:
- Administer Medication Administer Nebulizer Treatment (Asthma) Asthma Auditory Impairment Cognitive Dysfunction/Delay Speech/Language Delay
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
WCDC serves children 3 months of age to the summer before kindergarten. We promote a multicultural program that combines structured activities along with child-directed free play where the physical social emotional intellectual and spiritual development of each child is emphasized. Our goal is to provide an environment where each child is nurtured using developmentally-appropriate practices; teachers foster the development of the whole child. Our dedicated teaching staff with multiple years of education and experience works in partnership with parents communicating regularly and building understanding and consistency for the children.
Therefore the goals of WCDC
are to provide opportunities to develop:
- Communication Skills – Encouraging the development of language through appropriate play and activities suitable for every child.
- Creativity – Cultivating each child’s God given ability by stimulating ideas through music and creative play.
- Explore and Experiment – Establishing a positive attitude to learning by discovery and observation of God’s world through varied materials.
- Physical Capability – Giving children the opportunity to increase body strength motor skills and physical and mental coordination while establishing habits of partnership respect of each other and the rules necessary for safety.
- Respect for Self and Others – Developing a genuine love and understanding of self and our relationship to one another as culturally diverse children of God. Learning that each child is a special individual
- Social and Environmental Skills with Independence – Promoting a child’s social skills through group participation with adults and peers. This includes developing skills such as listening sharing following directions learning rules and conflict resolution.
- Spiritual Growth – Encouraging and developing spiritual growth by learning Christ values through classroom teaching reading Bible stories and prayer.
Westminster Child Development Center is a nonprofit self-supporting community program licensed by the Department of Public Welfare of the State Pennsylvania operating under the entity of Westminster Presbyterian Church.