The GISSV has committed itself to ensuring students reach their full academic potential in a nurturing environment that fosters critical and imaginative thinking a passion for lifelong learning and an appreciation for cultural diversity.
We Provide Academic Excellence by
- Putting forth a cross-curricular dual-language (German/English) program that leverages all modalities of knowledge acquisition (listening speaking reading writing and culture).
- Providing differentiated learning opportunities allowing each student to thrive maximize achievement and develop a passion for lifelong learning.
- Delivering one-on-one and small group learning interactions with student-teacher ratios averaging less than 15 to 1 at school and 10 to 1 in pre-school.
- Implementing instructional approaches that guide students through knowledge discovery fostering creative and imaginative thinking.
- Offering individualized learning plans so entering students quickly get on track.
- Employing experimental project-based learning within and outside the classroom tapping the intellectual technological civic and entrepreneurial resources of Silicon Valley.
- Leveraging culturally authentic materials throughout the curriculum.
- Providing a teacher-assisted after school independent study/homework program.
We Deliver Liberal Arts Enrichment by
- Offering extra-curricular activities inspiring students to develop personal interests and talents in sports the arts multimedia and languages.
- Sports: Swimming Soccer Basketball Volleyball In-line Skating Tennis etc.
- The arts: Drama Dance Ceramics Creative drawing etc.
- Additional languages: French (from grade 6) Spanish (from grade 9)
We Build Global Community Stewardship by
- Being a center of cross-cultural exchange for the broader German-speaking community in the San Francisco Bay Area with two locations in Mountain View and Berkeley.
- Engendering the values of community service and environmental stewardship through active participation in community programs.
- Networking with partner schools in North America Germany and Mexico.
- Child Ages:
- 3 years - 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- California Department of Social Services: Community Care Licensing Division - WASC Accredited
- Hours of Operation:
- 7:30am and 5:30pm
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
There is currently no information provided
Click the button below and we will send an automated message to the provider to let them know that someone is interested & would like to see more information.Request Information