La Jolla Country Day School prepares individuals for a lifetime of intellectual exploration personal growth and social responsibility.
Our history of success in fulfilling this mission grows from a college-preparatory program that is founded on several core values
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- California Department of Social Services: Community Care Licensing Division - CAIS - NAIS - WASC - CASE Accredited
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
- We believe that students grow in character and learn to think for themselves through a balance of scholarly enterprise and active participation in athletics and the arts;
- We believe that talented dedicated and passionate teachers who hold high expectations for all and find fulfillment in their work are the greatest resource we have to call upon in educating our students;
- We believe that our students succeed in college and later in life because they have been taught to strive for excellence to value hard work to think critically to collaborate productively to express themselves thoughtfully and to overcome the challenges they encounter in life;
- We cherish the variety of perspectives personalities and passions our students bring and we believe this diversity makes the school a community where each can learn from all;
- We are privileged to be educating the next generation of leaders for our community our city and our nation and we know that their success depends upon their integrity their capacity for managing complexity their adaptability and perseverance and their confidence in embarking upon ambitious undertakings;
- We believe that the interconnectedness of countries and cultures and the profound impact of our collective actions on the world around us highlight the importance of instilling in our students a sense of global awareness social responsibility and environmental stewardship;
- We live by the vision put forth by Louise Balmer when she founded the school in 1926 of an institution that is neither hidebound by tradition nor distracted by ideological faddism. Instead La Jolla Country Day School embraces change and innovation in the service of fulfilling our commitment to our students.