Babysitter in New York, NY 10031
New York, NY 10031
You will be taken to an external provider profile web page.Write a message
Hi there! My name is Kelsey and I am a 29 year old performer living in New York City. Over the past seven years, I have been fortunate enough to work at some amazing theatres & venues for some amazing companies all over this beautiful country. However, before I ever worked professionally in theatre, I was first a babysitter! I started babysitting many years ago in my hometown of West Chester, Pennsylvania. When I got to college (Montclair State University, NJ) in 2008, I had the amazing opportunity to continue working as a babysitter/nanny while earning my degree (BFA Musical Theatre, 3.7 gpa). After I graduated, I moved to NYC where my nannying experience grew immensely. Keep reading to find out more about my experience!
Experience & Responsibilities:
- Infant (3-24 mos): feeding, bathing, changing, playing, putting to bed
- Toddlers & Preschoolers (Ages 2-5): potty training, changing, feed, bathe, play with & entertain, get to & from school, put down for naps & bed
- Grade-Schoolers, Pre-teens, & Teens (Ages 6-14): school pickup, homework help & test prep, get to and from activities, plan play dates, practice sports, prepare, cook, and serve snacks and meals, supervise swimming, play with & entertain, watch friends frequently, administer medications, put to bed
- Special Needs (Boy Age 7 w/ Cerebral Palsy): constant care with feeding, bathing, changing, walking, transporting, & going to the bathroom, help with reading, speaking, walking, & good behavior, administer medicine, sit in on & help with therapy sessions (speech, physical, occupational, etc)
(Boy Age 5 w/ Severe Autism, mostly non-verbal): drop off & pick up from school, potty training, play, bathe, feed, put to bed, basic understanding of ABA
- Pets: feeding, walking, playing with, & bathing dogs
- Housekeeping: laundry, preparing meals, cleaning dishes, washing floors, cleaning & organizing bedrooms & kitchens, & running errands (dry cleaning, groceries, & personal)
- Other: occasional travel with families & “live in” experience overnight & for continuous days
My background in theatre has made me a very enthusiastic, creative, and hardworking person. There is no lack of energy or positivity here! My years of very extensive experience in the babysitting field makes me confident that I can tackle any job or obstacle thrown my way. I strive to keep the children I look after safe and happy. I also have a valid driver’s license & passport.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Languages spoken: English.
Additional services: Meal preparation, Laundry, Light housekeeping, Swimming supervision, Crafts, Potty training, and Travel with family.
Rate: $15/hour – $25/hour