Portland Jewish Academy’s mission is to ensure an academically excellent environment in which children thrive. Our school nurtures and inspires positive Jewish engagement, respect for human and religious differences, and responsibility for the world in which we live.
To ensure an academically excellent environment:
- Our dedicated and creative faculty members teach through hands-on experiences, to develop critical thinking skills and encourage problem solving.
- Students receive personalized attention so they can reach their full potential in the classroom.
- Our enhanced curriculum exceeds state guidelines. Math, science, language, and literature are only the beginning. They are complemented by art, culture, community service and much more.
To nurture and inspire positive Jewish engagement:
- Everything we teach is infused with Jewish tradition and values, creating an atmosphere of respect, kindness, and caring.
- Our teachers help PJA students learn ethics and integrity from the start. It shows in the way they treat each other, behave in school, and help the surrounding community.
- PJA’s lower school students learn and follow a code of conduct called The Kavod LOOP which means respect for learning, ourselves, others, and property.
- Throughout their years at PJA, students practice tikkun olam (repairing the world) a Jewish value that teaches responsibility for the world.
- Child Ages:
- 6 weeks - 12 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Oregon Employment Department - Child Care Division
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
The Kidspace Program follows a philosophy of teaching developed by the National AfterSchool Association (NAA), which states that a programs goal or mission should be to provide a balance of activities in the day of the child whose time in an enrichment setting extends after school hours. To learn more about the philosophy of teaching developed by the National Afterschool Association