Preschool in Naperville, IL 60540
25w463 Hobson Rd
Naperville, IL 60540
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
When parents are in our classrooms throughout the year, they develop an understanding of our goals and objectives. Our mission is:
1. To help children develop a positive self-image.
2. To help them understand and get along with other children and adults.
3. To develop their abilities and comprehension of their environment through manipulations, experimentation, and exploration, and to extend and enrich their understanding of the world.
4. To develop their independence and sense of responsibility.
5. To be themselves and to develop at their own rate.
6. To express themselves through using art and play materials freely and constructively.
7. To learn to be tolerant, creative, cooperative, and imaginative.
8. To enjoy a nursery school experience which will simplify adjustment to elementary school and other social situations.
9. To learn limits of behavior related to safety, health, and respect for the rights of others.
10. To increase their ability to handle their own emotions constructively.
11. To help them develop problem-solving skills.
Want more information?
Hobson differs from other nursery schools in its manner of educating young children and provides the opportunity for parents to share in this time of growth and development. Hobson seeks to enhance the efforts of a good home in promoting growth and happiness in children.
We believe that an important part of preschool is to provide an experience-based environment where children have opportunities to challenge their imaginations, sharpen their senses, and broaden their understanding. at our school children participate in free play with other children and in adult-guided activities.
Young children learn by DOING. They observe, touch, listen, smell and taste. They explore their world, discover new information and organize it in many ways that are meaningful to them. Through this active learning process young children learn about the physical world as well as about themselves in relation to other children and new adults. Our philosophy is based on current research in child development and early childhood education.
In a co-op, parents and staff have a mutual responsibility to support each other for the ultimate benefit of the children involved. The staff that receives support from parents in the form of a fiscally-responsible, smoothly-administered school can concentrate its energies on a quality educational program. Parents in a co-op receive support through the staffs communication of professional child development knowledge, their guidance of parents in the classroom, and the teacher and directors genuine interest in each child and familys experience at Hobson. Because parents and staff work for and with each other, the children receive what Hobson has always meant the best possible nursery school experience available. Hobson is a preschool AND a community for families!