Preschool in Moodus, CT 06469
41 W.f. Palmer Road
Moodus, CT 06469
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
Little Noises Daycare is an Educational Daycare Center providing quality care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old in a daycare/preschool setting. We offer full/part time daycare; 3 & 4 year old preschool program; before and/or after Kindergarten program, before and/or after school program, and infant/toddler program. The purpose of Little Noises Daycare is to provide an educationally sound, safe, healthy environment for young children. Little Noises Daycare will include all children and will not discriminate according to race, gender, ethnic or religious background.
Little Noises Daycare will use mixed ages to group children (6 weeks through 36 months), (3 through 5 year old) and (6 through 12 year olds) to play/learn together in self-directed/teacher directed activities. This approach provides a family atmosphere, for sharing, cooperating and helping one another. The staff will always be tuned in to each childs developmental needs and progress so that each child grows and learns at their own pace. Little Noises Daycare will coordinate and implement activities in the science, language, math, manipulatives, arts, music and large and small motor skills areas within a thematic approach. By using the thematic approach, concepts can be reinforced in each area allowing a child many opportunities for learning concepts to be held in memory, and retrieved information at a later date.
The staff will always be tuned in to each childs developmental needs and progress so that each child is growing and learning at his or her own pace. By coordinating the thematic approach, mixed aged grouping and assessing individual growth, the staff at Little Noises Daycare will provide an inviting atmosphere, which will allow children to develop as positive learners.
Want more information?
Our child care philosophy is based on a developmental approach to child development and learning and characterized by certain principles:
Quality child care reflects an interest in the whole child, which includes social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
Children learn in several different ways, each one with their own strengths in all eight areas of intelligence. Curriculum is planned to promote each of these strengths, so that all children are given optimal chances for learning and growth.
Goals of Program:
1. To provide a safe and healthy environment for learning and to insure the childs first school experience is a happy and positive one.
2. To provide an age appropriate curriculum for the sequential development of a childs intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth.
3. To provide age appropriate tools and equipment for productive play that will encourage children to think, reason, question and experiment.
4. To help a child develop a positive self-image; to encourage sound health, nutritional practices and safety.
5. To provide opportunities for being with other children in a setting conducive to the development of wholesome relationships and expression of feelings toward one another.
6. To provide avenues of communication between parent and staff to insure childs development is continual and consistent.