Preschool in Glenolden, PA 19036
2 S Chester Pike
Glenolden, PA 19036
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
Part Time / Full Time : Full Time Part Time
Our goal is to produce an environment of care concern and consideration that will help your child grow and learn with a positive self-image. We strive to offer a wide variety of learning tools and programs to enhance each child’s learning experience.
Want more information?
The philosophy of Loving Care Children’s Learning Center is based on established educational practices:
1) Consistent daily environment which allows children to learn at their own pace as they play. Each pre-school room consists of a block area an art area (which also doubles as a snack and lunch area) a reading corner a computer or music area and housekeeping area and a table toy area.
Summer Program is set up with different areas and tables to facilitate learning while the children play (puzzle game art science music drama or housekeeping building blocks creative play computers.)
2) A well-rounded curriculum. Our plans are written to include activities which integrate nine areas of curriculum (Art/Creativity Computers/Technology Math Skills Music/Dance Physical Fitness Reading and Language Arts Science Social/Motor/Cognitive Skills Social/Community Studies) worked into weekly themes. Two outdoor times are scheduled weather permitting. The outdoor times may vary according to the time of year. During the summer we schedule the outdoor time to avoid the hottest time of the day and during the winter we schedule the outdoor times closer to the warmest time of the day.
3) Dedicated and well trained staff. Our goal is to continue educating our staff as well as the children they are caring for. Training sessions are ongoing all year long and First Aid is offered once a year. Themes are discussed and pre-written in calendar form that allows the staff the freedom to draw
from their own background and education to enhance their classroom program.
Staff Profiles-Information on each staff member that includes experience education specific qualifications and special interests is posted throughout the center.
4) Supervision Policy. It is state policy for the children to accompanied by a staff person at all times. With the safety of the children in mind:There will be 1 staff person per classroom more depending on the child/staff ratio. Children will always be accompanied in the hallway. A staff person will accompany the children in the bathroom. There will be a minimum of 2 staff persons at all times when in the building playground or outdoors more depending on the child/staff ratio.
5) Positive Method of Discipline.
Ignoring-Sometimes negative behavior is exhibited simply to get attention. If the negative behavior cannot hurt the child or someone else it may be more productive to ignore rather than point out the behavior. This can also be accomplished by pointing out a positive behavior exhibited by another child.
Redirection- a child is offered another alternative to inappropriate play or actions. The center is designed purposely to be able to use redirection.
Quiet Time- This is only used when the child can hurt himself or someone else.
6) Communication between staff and families. A Newsletter and calendar are produced on a monthly basis. Conferences are held three times a year and reports are sent home on a regular basis to foster good communication between teachers and families.
Our classrooms are set up in teams of staff members to make your child’s time at the center more consistent. This also allows you to become familiar with your child’s caregivers.
Throughout the day children work in small groups in individual settings and with the rest of the class in supervised activities. We feel your child will benefit from both the structured and non-structured learning.