Preschool in Enfield, CT 06082
330 Hazard Avenue
Enfield, CT 06082
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
1. It is our goal to provide a developmentally appropriate program and environment where each child can unfold as fully as possible at his/her own pace. We want to recognize each child as a whole person and to nourish and encourage development in each area of his/her life: the social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative.
2. For the family, it is our goal to provide a place for friendship, encouragement, support, growth, fun and involvement with their preschooler.
3. Because play is a significant mode of learning, it is our goal to provide ample time and developmentally appropriate materials for child-initiated play.
4. We know that learning is a result of actual experiences; therefore, it is our goal to provide an atmosphere where children can learn through discovery.
5. It is our goal to provide a place where children can feel loved, cared for, nurtured, encouraged and secure enough to try new experiences.
6. It is our goal to provide an orderly, yet flexible and balanced program with different levels of difficulty, and a wide variety of choice and experience.
7. We want to provide an environment where children are stimulated to ask questions, share thoughts, look for answers and creatively solve problems together.
8. It is our goal to provide an environment that will nourish and expand each child’s creative dimension through art, music, drama, language and movement.
9. It is our goal to help each child develop an understanding of self in relation to others, as well as an awareness of others’ needs and feelings. We would like them to develop a concern for others, and to see children helping one another through sharing, creating together, and solving problems constructively.
10. It is our goal to help children take responsibility for themselves in an age-appropriate manner; to learn good health and safety habits and to be responsible for personal items. We also want to help them learn to take responsibility for personal actions, to clean up after play and to work out a problem with a friend.
Want more information?
Here Wee Grow! HUMC Preschool was designed to create the opportunity for a child to start the educational experience in a positive learning atmosphere. This is the first place a child will both learn and interact with others outside of the home environment. While the experience needs to be enjoyable, Here Wee Grow strives to make this experience valuable and productive for the student.
The learning process for a preschool child starts with play, and the structure of the HWG curriculum builds on that notion. Our play helps us to develop our imagination. We learn to ask questions, and to develop thoughts. Then we learn to express those thoughts and ideas visually and verbally through art, music and play.
Through our curriculum we learn the social skills of sharing and caring. We come to understand each person’s individuality, and we develop our positive self image.
We know that not every child comes to preschool at the same developmental stage. We recognize the needs of each child to move from one stage to another, and our activities give every student in the program the chance to start where they can, and move on from there.
Young children are actively involved in developing their sensory motor, perceptual and language skills. Our teachers use out curriculum to guide the involvement of each child in indoor and outdoor activities planned around themes they can understand and develop.
Children who have completed the Here Wee Grow program should be positioned to make the transition into kindergarten, having the necessary knowledge and social skills to launch their education.