Preschool in Cincinnati, OH 45215
425 Crescent Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45215
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
The overall goal of Terry’s Montessori School is to provide opportunities for wholesome and appropriate intellectual, emotional and social development of the children. Terry’s Montessori School strives:
- To stimulate curiosity and initiative in the young child.
- To foster independence.
- To allow interaction with other children and adults.
- To develop the ability to think, reflect, feel and conceptualize.
We strive to offer an environment where the child’s needs for affection, security, recognition, success and self-acceptance are always met.
As the children progress further, intellectual, emotional and social challenges are offered. We strive:
- To maintain in each child a positive self-image by providing frequent opportunities to meet new and exciting challenges successfully.
- To have each child come to know and understand his/her strengths as an individual and to better understand others as individuals and accept them as such.
- To encourage each child to become increasingly self-directive by having him/her share in making choices about things to be learned.
- To help some children be relieved of the negative pressure of keeping up with the level of work that might be expected of all children at a certain grade level.
- To provide those children who are quick to learn the freedom to move ahead.
- To have each child pursue a variety of educational interests through a variety of instructional media.
- To provide each child with an opportunity to work with his teacher in identifying and working on individual learning problems.
- To provide an atmosphere where each child is encouraged to perform to his/her highest capacity. Each child’s progress reported by means of parent-teacher conferences and/or written reports. Progress is determined by achievement based on each child’s individual potential and time clock of development.
- To help children learn how to learn.
- To learn how to inquire in a rapidly changing world.
- To use the vastly increasing storehouse of knowledge.
Want more information?
Our daughter currently attends Terry's and we love it. Her teachers are great and we love the learning structure. She amazes us everyday with things she knows/learns and we have a never ending supply of artwork.
March 16, 2009