Center in Winnetka, IL 60093
562 Green Bay Rd
Winnetka, IL 60093
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
The French School’s mission is to empower children to learn the French language using an engaging, stimulating curriculum that provides a superior education, builds a solid foundation for future academic achievement, fosters intellectual curiosity, and instills an appreciation of French culture and awareness of our multicultural world in a nurturing, child-focused environment.
Want more information?
At the French School, we follow the guidelines for the cole maternelle established by the Ministre de lducation Nationale (French Ministry of National Education). Not only is French the subject of instruction, but it is also the medium by which all subjects are taught. All communication, from teachers to children is conducted exclusively in French. Through traditional songs and stories, children learn about French culture and history.
The curriculum consists of five general domains:
1. Socialization/Vivre EnsembleRespecting rules and others Learning to share, play and work with others
2. Language (Spoken and Written)/Le langage au coeur des apprentisagesLiterature Pre-reading Writing Theater/Dramatic play
3. Environment Discovery/Dcouvrir le mondeMath Science Geography
4. Motor Skills/Agir et s’exprimer avec son corpsFine Gross (Physical Education/Dance)
5. Creative Arts/La sensibilit, l’imagination, la crationMusic Art
These five domains are incorporated into thematic units, which explore a variety of stimulating topics consisting of age-appropriate, engaging activities. Throughout the year, thematic units allow children to explore the world around them, learn self-expression through the arts and stimulate their creativity.