The mission of Egypt Elementary is to prepare all students to reach proficiency or higher, and to develop critical thinkers who are able to read with understanding, write with purpose, and speak with clarity. By integrating content areas with literacy, young learners grow into effective problem solvers. By differentiating instruction to meet individual needs, we are empowering students to become productive, knowledgeable citizens who are capable of making responsible choices throughout their lives.
The vision of Egypt Elementary is to foster a vibrant,caring learning community, that prepares students to reach their fullest potential by developing their confidence and the initiative necessary to take risks and assume ownership of their learning and their lives.
- Child Ages:
- 4 years - 15 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- Tennessee Department of Human Services
- This provider accepts vouchers
- Special Needs:
- Please contact us for more information.
- Hours of Operation:
- 2:15 PM - 6:00 PM
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...
- We believe that the learning needs of students should be our schools primary focus when making decisions and setting policies.
- We believe that all students are capable of reaching proficiency or beyond on standardized tests.
- We believe that meaningful input, support and cooperation between parents, teachers, students and our community are vital in advancing our schools mission when making decisions and setting policies.
- We believe that all children are able to learn and that our instructional approaches should recognize and respond to their differing learning styles.
- We believe that caring for the needs of the whole child, (physically, socially, and emotionally and intellectually) is essential for meaningful learning to occur.
- We believe that safe, clean, attractive, comfortable, and nurturing environments for students and teachers convey value, worth and respect to both learning and teaching.
- We believe that a wide variety of authentic assessment is essential in order to plan individualized instruction that encourages the strengths and strengthens the weaknesses of every learner.
- We believe that challenging, yet attainable expectations, both academic and social, stimulate learning and personal growth.
- We believe that children learn best when actively engaged in creative, meaningful work that allows them to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding in a variety of ways.
- We believe that mutual respect between teachers and students creates a caring community in which diversity is valued and positive involvement and individual responsibility thrive.
- We believe that commitment to ongoing, engaging professional growth enables teachers to be as enthusiastic about teaching as they expect their students to be about learning.