Center in Jonesborough, TN 37659
3261 Highway 81s
Jonesborough, TN 37659
View on Map »
Is this your business? Claim it!
The administration, faculty, and staff or Lamar School will strive to meet the educational needs of all students enabling them to be responsible and productive citizens. Students will progress through the six levels of Dr. Benjamin Bloom’s theory of learning, preparing them for success in continuing their education.
Learning is a lifelong process that is cultivated through the collaborative efforts of the school, home, and community.
Want more information?
1. The school community should strive to stimulate a lifelong desire for knowledge.
2. Students learn in different ways and instructional practices should incorporate learning activities that take into account differences in learning styles.
3. Academic excellence is dependent upon regular school attendance.
4. A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
5. Students should be able to communicate effectively.
6. Computer technology is an important part of student learning and classroom instruction.
7. Exceptional students require special services and resources.
8. Students will advance in thinking skills on the six levels set by Dr. Benjamin Bloom’s analysis the cognitive domain.