Early Childhood Education
- Montessori Program
- Traditional Developmental Preschool
- Traditional Kindergarten
- After Care
Great Kids. Great Results. Excellence in Ursuline education begins at the Manor House, our beautiful estate home, with two program choices in early childhood learning to meet the needs of every Villa family. Our programs are certified by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and are characterized by strong partnerships between teacher and parent. All children at the Manor House enjoy activities in the new Muscle Room, as well as throughout our beautiful campus, where opportunities for outdoor education abound.
- Multi-age environment with all-day and half-day options for 3’s and 4’s; an all day schedule for Montessori kindergartners
- Highly qualified, Montessori trained and degreed teachers
- Hands-on, child centered approach to early childhood education
- Wealth of core Montessori concrete and manipulative materials which can be adapted to individual learning styles
- Strong developmental program that carefully follows the Montessori model to ensure continuous growth and a successful transition to first grade
- Field trips and guest presenters/programs
- Classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science and physical education (3’s, 4’s and K’s) and computer, French and LEAP (Learning Enrichment Activities Programs)
- All day and half-day programs; after school care available until 6:00
- Highly qualified, experienced teachers with degrees in ECE
- Emphasis on physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development
- Recognition of individual differences
- Strong curriculum in early literacy and math readiness with creative expression through art, music and dramatic play
- Field trips and programs by visiting community experts
- Weekly classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science and physical education
- Computer enrichment program with hands-on components
- All day program with after school care available until 6:00
- Highly qualified, experienced, degreed teacher and full-time assistant
- Low teacher/student ratio
- Emphasis on whole child development that honors individual differences
- Strong academic curriculum to maximize success in first grade
- Field trips and guest programs
- Classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science, physical education, computer, French and LEAP (Learning Activities Enrichment Program)
St. Ursula Villa After Care program is open to students in pre-school through Grade 6. The program hours are 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This program provides a structured homework period for the older students, a snack, and playtime (inside and outdoors, weather permitting). Activities are age appropriate and varied to include crafts, games etc. The program is Directed by Kristy Thomas and staffed by Villa employees.
Parents wishing to register their student(s) in the After-School Care Program should complete a registration form for each child to be enrolled. There is a $15 registration fee for each child enrolled in the program.
Homework Club is open to students in grades 3-8 and is held from 3:00-4:00 p.m. each school day. This is a quiet time where students may work on homework after school under the supervision of a teacher in the classroom. A $15.00 registration fee per child is required, plus $6.00 per day per child, billed monthly.
- Child Ages:
- 3 years - 10 years
Want more information?
- Classroom Ratios
- Director and Teaching Staff Bios
- Course and Teaching Material
- Menus, Activities, and more...