I am a recent Smith College graduate and am currently working as a paralegal in San Francisco. I am looking for part time work as a babysitter in order to save money for graduate school in the next few years. I love working with children and watching them learn and grow. Children have the most incredible imagination and spirit of exploration and I sincerely enjoy participating in and encouraging growth in these areas. I place a heavy emphasis on reading, arts and music in my work with children, tailoring my selection to suit the child’s age and level of maturity. I find that these activities are essential to cultivating creativity and intellectual development in children that will place them ahead of their peers throughout their education and in their adulthood.
- Child Ages:
- 3 weeks - 13 years
- Years of Experience:
- > 5 years
- Licenses & Accreditations:
- I have extensive child care experience, working with children ranging from one month old to twelve years old. Over the past 9 years, I have worked with nearly 10 different families.
Most recently, I spent my senior year in college working as my sister's go to babysitter. I cherished the time I had to watch my nephew as he grew and developed from a newborn to a happy and lively one and a half year old. In addition, I worked with two other families that year. With one of these families I worked with a 10 and 12 year old, helping them with homework, acting as a mentor, and spending time playing outdoors and doing arts and crafts. The other family I worked with that year, consisted of a 3, 10 and 12 year old. Similarly, I acted as a tutor and mentor to the two older children. The three year old was recently adopted from Peru and has Turner's Syndrome. I provided more intensive care to the 3 year old, including preparing meals, reading stories, singing songs, preparing her for bedtime, putting her to sleep. In addition, I worked with her as she adapted to the English language and worked with her parents to compassionately address her emotional and developmental issues.
- Special Needs:
- In my childcare experience, I have worked with children with autism, learning disabilities, and physical health issues. While I do not have specialized training in caring for children with special needs, I am dedicated to learning about your child's specific needs and working to provide the care and support required to keep them safe, healthy and happy.
- Number of Children Willing to Care for:
- 3 children
- Hours of Operation:
- I am available Saturdays and Sundays as well as weeknights after 6 pm.
There is currently no information provided
Click the button below and we will send an automated message to the provider to let them know that someone is interested & would like to see more information.Request Information